Hey there! Ever sat through a pitch deck and thought, ‘Wow, that was longer than my last relationship’? We get it. Pitch decks should be snappy, engaging, and, most importantly, memorable.
Hey, I’m Viktor, a pitch deck expert, and a creative strategist. Over the past 13 years, I’ve helped startups secure over $100 million in funding thanks to my approach and I’m sharing it here in this advertising pitch deck outline. I also share a lot of my experiences through Linkedin as well. Let’s connect!
This guide was made based on my experience with advertising startups, and in particular a startup called PipTech. You will find samples of the slides I created for that startup, in the pitch deck examples section of this guide.
So, we’ve whipped up a pitch deck outline for you that won’t have your audience checking their watches. Dive in, sprinkle in a bit of your brand’s magic, and let’s get those heads nodding.
Hold on. Before you go and spend 20 hours building a deck…
Consider doing what 100s of others like you did. Let me help you develop a killer pitch deck and save 20+ hours of your time for a fraction of the cost. All it takes to start is a free 30 min call with me.
The least you will get is 10 actionable tips & strategies to own that next presentation, worth $599, for free.
- 5 Page Advertising Pitch Deck Outline
- 1. Cover Slide:
- 2. Introduction:
- 3. Problem Statement:
- 4. Solution:
- 5. Product/Service Overview:
- 6. Market Opportunity:
- 7. Business Model:
- 8. Marketing & Sales Strategy:
- 9. Competitive Landscape:
- 10. Traction:
- 11. Financial Projections:
- 12. Team:
- 13. Funding Ask:
- 14. Testimonials & Case Studies:
- 15. FAQ Section:
- 16. Call to Action:
- 17. Thank You & Q&A:
- Advertising pitch deck outline wrap up
5 Page Advertising Pitch Deck Outline
Before we go into the outline, here’s a link to the ad solution I mentioned earlier:
And here’s a detailed outline for an advertising pitch deck:
1. Cover Slide:
- Logo: Place your company’s logo prominently at the top or center of the slide.
- Tagline: A catchy phrase that encapsulates your company’s mission or value proposition. For instance, “Revolutionizing Ad Engagement.”
- Date of Presentation: “October 24, 2023”
- Presenter’s Name & Title: “Jane Doe, Co-founder & CEO”
Design Tip: Use a high-quality background image related to advertising or your specific niche. Ensure the text is legible against the background.
- Brief Overview: “Welcome to AdTech Innovations, where we harness the power of technology to create impactful advertising solutions tailored for the digital age.”
- Mission Statement: “Our mission is to empower brands with data-driven advertising strategies, ensuring maximum reach and engagement in an ever-evolving digital landscape.”
Design Tip: Incorporate visuals that represent innovation, technology, or advertising. This could be a montage of digital ads, a tech-inspired background, or imagery of diverse audiences engaging with ads.
3. Problem Statement:
- Define the Market Gap: “In today’s saturated digital market, brands struggle to stand out. Traditional advertising methods no longer yield the desired ROI, leading to wasted resources and missed opportunities.”
- Illustrate the Problem: Use a graph or chart showing declining engagement rates with traditional ads over the past few years. Accompany this with a quote or anecdote from a brand manager expressing frustration over diminishing ad returns.
Design Tip: Use contrasting colors to highlight the decline in traditional ad engagement. Visuals should evoke a sense of urgency and the need for change.
- Introduce Your Solution: “AdTech Innovations presents a game-changing solution: AI-driven ad placements. By leveraging artificial intelligence and real-time data analytics, we ensure your ads reach the right audience at the right time, every time.”
- Unique Selling Points:
- “Real-time Ad Optimization: Ads adjust in real-time based on user behavior.”
- “Predictive Analysis: Anticipate market trends and stay ahead of the curve.”
- “Maximized ROI: Ensure every advertising dollar is well-spent.”
Design Tip: Use icons or visuals to represent each unique selling point. The overall design should convey innovation, precision, and efficiency.
These fleshed-out slides provide a compelling introduction to the pitch deck, setting the stage for the audience to understand the problem in the market and the unique solution the company offers.
5. Product/Service Overview:
- Detailed Description: “Our platform, AdTech Pro, is a cloud-based solution that integrates seamlessly with your existing marketing tools. It uses advanced algorithms to analyze user behavior, market trends, and ad performance.”
- “Dynamic Ad Placement: Ads adjust based on real-time user engagement.”
- “Cross-Platform Integration: Works across web, mobile, and social media platforms.”
- “Detailed Analytics Dashboard: Gain insights into ad performance, user demographics, and more.”
- “Increased Ad Engagement: See up to a 50% increase in user interaction.”
- “Cost Efficiency: Reduce ad spend wastage by targeting only the most relevant audiences.”
- “Informed Decision Making: Use data-driven insights to refine your advertising strategy.”
Design Tip: Use a split-slide design. One side can showcase a mockup of the platform or product, while the other side lists the features and benefits.
6. Market Opportunity:
- Size of the Target Market: “The digital advertising market is valued at $300 billion, with a 10% annual growth rate.”
- Growth Potential: “With over 4.6 billion internet users worldwide, the potential for digital ad engagement is immense.”
- Market Trends:
- “Shift towards personalized ads.”
- “Rise of video and interactive ads.”
- “Increased focus on data privacy and ethical advertising.”
Design Tip: Use infographics or charts to visually represent the market size, growth potential, and trends. This will make the data more digestible and engaging.
7. Business Model:
- How You Plan to Make Money: “Our primary revenue stream is a subscription-based model, with tiered plans catering to businesses of all sizes.”
- Pricing Strategy:
- “Starter: $99/month – Ideal for small businesses.”
- “Pro: $299/month – Designed for medium-sized enterprises.”
- “Enterprise: Custom pricing – Tailored solutions for large corporations.”
- Additional Revenue Streams: “We also offer premium analytics services, ad design consultancy, and integration support for an additional fee.”
Design Tip: Use icons or visuals for each pricing tier, making it easy for the audience to differentiate and understand the offerings.
8. Marketing & Sales Strategy:
- Channels for Customer Acquisition: “We leverage SEO, content marketing, and targeted social media campaigns to drive organic traffic. Additionally, we attend industry conferences and webinars to engage potential clients.”
- Marketing Plans: “Launching a series of webinars and workshops on ‘The Future of Digital Advertising’ to position ourselves as thought leaders in the industry.”
- Sales Funnel & Conversion Strategy: “Our sales funnel starts with free webinars, leading to product demos, followed by a 14-day free trial, and culminating in subscription sign-ups.”
Design Tip: Consider using a visual representation of the sales funnel, showing the journey from awareness to conversion. This provides clarity and showcases the strategic approach.
These slides delve deeper into the product offering, market potential, and the strategies in place to capture that market. They aim to build confidence in the audience about the viability and potential of the business.
9. Competitive Landscape:
- Key Competitors:
- “AdMaster: Leading in AI-driven ad placements.”
- “MarketMover: Known for real-time analytics.”
- “BrandBoost: Pioneers in cross-platform integration.”
- Your Competitive Advantage:
- “Seamless Integration: Our platform integrates effortlessly with all major marketing tools.”
- “Customer Support: 24/7 dedicated support for all our clients.”
- “Ethical Advertising: We prioritize user privacy and ethical ad placements.”
- Market Positioning: “While there are several players in the market, AdTech Innovations stands out due to its commitment to ethical advertising, unparalleled customer support, and seamless integration capabilities.”
Design Tip: Use a matrix or chart to visually compare features or strengths against competitors. Highlight areas where your company excels.
- Key Milestones Achieved:
- “Successfully onboarded 500+ clients in the first year.”
- “Achieved a 98% customer retention rate.”
- “Won the ‘Innovative AdTech Solution’ award in 2022.”
- User Testimonials:
- “AdTech Innovations transformed our ad strategy, leading to a 40% increase in engagement.” – Sarah, Marketing Manager at XYZ Corp.
- “The platform’s ease of use combined with top-notch support makes it a winner.” – Mike, CEO of Alpha Brands.
- Growth Metrics:
- “20% MoM growth in user base.”
- “15% increase in average revenue per user (ARPU).”
Design Tip: Use visuals like growth graphs, logos of notable clients, or even short video testimonials (if presenting digitally) to make this slide engaging.
11. Financial Projections:
- Revenue Forecasts:
- “Projected to hit $5 million in revenue by the end of 2023.”
- “Anticipate a 25% YoY growth for the next 5 years.”
- Profit and Loss Projections:
- “Expecting to achieve profitability by Q4 2023.”
- “Projected profit margin of 20% by 2024.”
- Key Financial Metrics:
- “Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC): $120.”
- “Lifetime Value (LTV) of a customer: $900.”
- “Return on Ad Spend (ROAS): 300%.”
Design Tip: Use bar graphs, pie charts, or line graphs to visually represent financial data. Ensure clarity and simplicity in presentation to make it easily comprehensible.
- Profiles of Key Team Members:
- “Jane Doe, CEO: Former Ad Strategist at BigAdCo, with 10 years of industry experience.”
- “John Smith, CTO: Ex-Google engineer with a passion for AI and ad tech.”
- “Lucy Brown, CMO: Marketing guru with stints at leading ad agencies.”
- Relevant Experience:
- “Collectively, our core team has over 30 years of experience in advertising and technology.”
- Advisory Board:
- “Dr. Alan White, AdTech Researcher.”
- “Ms. Emily Green, Former VP of Sales at Ad Giant.”
Design Tip: Use professional photos of team members, accompanied by short, impactful bios. Icons or logos can represent areas of expertise or past affiliations.
These slides aim to build credibility by showcasing the company’s achievements, financial stability, and the strength of the team behind the product. They provide investors with a holistic view of the company’s current standing and future potential.
13. Funding Ask:
- Amount of Funding Sought:
- “We are seeking an investment of $2 million.”
- Use of Funds:
- “Product Development: 40% – Enhance AI capabilities and expand platform features.”
- “Marketing & Sales: 30% – Expand into new markets and bolster our sales team.”
- “Operations & Infrastructure: 20% – Upgrade servers, enhance security, and improve customer support.”
- “Research & Development: 10% – Innovate and stay ahead of industry trends.”
- Equity or Terms Being Offered:
- “In exchange for the investment, we are offering a 15% equity stake in AdTech Innovations.”
Design Tip: Use a pie chart or infographic to visually represent the breakdown of the use of funds. Ensure clarity in terms and conditions.
14. Testimonials & Case Studies:
- “AdTech Innovations has revolutionized our ad strategy, leading to a 60% increase in ROI.” – Alex, Brand Manager at TopBrand.
- “Their platform’s analytics are second to none. It’s a game-changer for us.” – Liam, CEO of NextGen Brands.
- Case Study Highlight:
- “Client: FutureTech Inc.”
- “Challenge: Low ad engagement and high ad spend wastage.”
- “Solution: Implemented AdTech Pro’s AI-driven ad placements.”
- “Result: 50% increase in ad engagement and 30% reduction in irrelevant ad placements.”
Design Tip: Use a mix of visuals like client logos, before-and-after graphs, and impactful quotes. A consistent color scheme can tie the testimonials and case studies together.
15. FAQ Section:
- Question: “How does your platform handle data privacy concerns?”
- Answer: “We prioritize user privacy and comply with all GDPR and CCPA regulations. All user data is anonymized and encrypted.”
- Question: “What support do you offer to clients during integration?”
- Answer: “We offer 24/7 dedicated support, along with detailed documentation and hands-on training sessions for seamless integration.”
- Question: “How do you stay ahead of competitors in terms of technology?”
- Answer: “Our dedicated R&D team is constantly innovating, and we collaborate with leading tech institutions for research.”
Design Tip: Use a clear and structured layout, possibly a two-column format with questions on the left and answers on the right. Icons can accompany each FAQ for visual appeal.
16. Call to Action:
- What You Want the Audience to Do Next:
- “Join us in revolutionizing the digital advertising landscape. Let’s collaborate to shape the future of advertising!”
- Contact Details:
Design Tip: Emphasize the call to action with bold text or a standout color. Ensure that contact details are easily visible. Consider adding a QR code for easy access to the website or a demo.
These slides aim to provide clarity on the investment opportunity, showcase real-world success stories, address potential concerns, and guide investors on the next steps. The goal is to build trust, showcase transparency, and make a compelling case for investment.
Certainly! Let’s flesh out the final slide of the advertising pitch deck:
17. Thank You & Q&A:
- Gratitude Expression:
- “Thank you for taking the time to explore the potential of AdTech Innovations. We truly appreciate your interest and consideration.”
- Open for Questions:
- “We’re now open to any questions you may have. Let’s discuss how we can collaborate to redefine the future of digital advertising.”
- Reminder of the Opportunity:
- “Together, we have the chance to shape the next era of advertising, leveraging technology to create meaningful connections and drive unparalleled results.”
- Contact & Follow-up:
- “For further discussions or detailed insights, please reach out to:”
- “Jane Doe, CEO – email@example.com | (123) 456-7890″
- “We look forward to potential collaboration and a prosperous partnership.”
Design Tip: Use a clean and elegant design for this slide. Consider placing the company logo subtly in the background or corner. The contact details should be prominent, and you might want to include a professional photo of the presenter or key team members to add a personal touch.
This slide serves as a wrap-up, reiterating gratitude, emphasizing the opportunity at hand, and facilitating an open dialogue with potential investors. It’s essential to leave a lasting impression, ensuring that the audience feels valued and sees the potential for a fruitful partnership.
Advertising pitch deck outline wrap up
And there you have it! That’s our pitch deck in a nutshell. We hope it resonated with you as much as a catchy game tune. Remember, it’s all about connecting the dots and making an impact. Thanks for sticking with us, and let’s chat more about turning these ideas into reality. Catch you on the flip side! You got this!
But if you don’t got it:
Consider doing what 100s of others like you did. Let me help you develop a killer pitch deck and save 10 hours of your time for a fraction of the cost. All it takes to start is a free 30 min call with me.
The least you will get is 10 actionable tips & strategies to own that next presentation, worth $599, for free.